Korean beef is another popular meal in our home. It’s so popular in fact that for a few months we were having it at least once a week! It comes together quickly, is versatile and tastes great, what’s not to love? And when I say it’s versatile, I mean it. I usually make it with ground beef, but we’ve tried it with diced chicken before and it was just as good. If you like spicy food you can cook it with red chili pepper flakes like the recipe calls for, or you can leave it out. Try it for yourself and I’m sure it’ll soon be part of your weekly dinner rotation!
Ingredients (for approximately 2-3 people depending on appetites)
- 1 lb ground beef (or diced chicken)
- 2 TBS sesame oil
- 1 TBS minced garlic
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup brown sugar (can use a little less if you prefer not as sweet)
- Crushed red pepper flakes (I would recommend starting with 1 ts and adding more depending on how much spice you prefer)
- Green onions
- Heat sesame oil and minced garlic in pan over medium -high heat. Add meat and brown until cooked. Drain fat and return to pan.
- Turn heat down to low and add brown sugar, soy sauce and crushed red pepper flakes. Stir occasionally for a few minutes.
- Serve over white rice with sliced green onions on top and broccoli.
- Mix it all up and stuff your face! 👍