I’m a little (a lot) late to the monthly subscription game, but a couple months after having Sam I came across Ipsy and was intrigued. A few friends had done it before and seemed to enjoy it, the price was decent (only $10 a month for 5 items plus a cute makeup bag to hold them all) and it would help me branch out and try new products I wouldn’t have purchased otherwise. As a new mom I didn’t have as much time to put into my looks as I did pre-Sam but was dealing with insecurities that come along with just having a baby. The thought of having some new makeup to help make me feel just a little more like myself and “pretty” made me decide to jump in and give the Glam Bag a try.
December was my third month and I have to tell you, I’m hooked! I look forward to the bag coming each month and always have to do the sneak peek online before it arrives, just because I’m so excited to see what they’ve picked out for me. So far each bag has had at least three items I’ve loved and then I always make sure to go and review each item so that Ipsy can fine tune what items they put in my bags to make sure I’m as happy as possible. December has been my favorite month so far with me being excited about all five items! As soon as I got it a couple days ago I immediately used the lipstick and hand lotion and can’t wait to try the other three things. If you’ve ever wondered what type of products come in the bags, for December I received
- Briogeo Curl Charisma™ Rice Amino + Quinoa Frizz Control Gel– can’t wait to try it out on my messy hair!
- NYX Professional Makeup Prismatic Shadow– the prettiest shade of purple which I love!
- Ciaté London Liquid Velvet Matte Liquid Lipstick in Pin Up- I love this color, so pretty!
- tarte cosmetics deluxe maracuja oil- I know next to nothing about using oils but have heard great things about the brand Tarte so I’m interested to try it out!
- Cake Beauty heavy cream intensive hand repair balm- OMG this smells like frosting. The whole rest of the night after I put it on I couldn’t stop smelling my hands.
I looked up all of the products to see the retail prices of them full size and the Glam Bag is definitely a steal at $10! The eyeshadow alone is $6 and the travel size version of the Tarte oil is $15, Ipsy is giving out some really high quality brands! Overall I’ve been very pleased with my bags so far and am already looking forward to January’s. It’s been fun as a new mom to treat myself each month and end up with new beauty products to help make myself look and feel good. If you’re interested in learning more about the Glam Bags or want to sign up for it, click here!